“Fairness does not mean everyone gets the same. Fairness means everyone gets what they need. And the only way to get what you need is to make it happen yourself.”Rick Riordan
Research done on adults with learning disabilities has identified the attributes that lead to successful life outcomes. I’ve compiled resources that teachers can use to teach self-awareness, learning styles, self-advocacy skills, and strategic learning.
Here is the mnemonic I created that highlights strategies that will empower students with learning differences to succeed.
Strategies for Success
Set realistic goals
Make use of learning strategies
Accept your learning differences and advocate for yourself
Recognize your talents and strengths
Take initiative and get involved
Enlist support from others
Refuse to give up.
- Student Learning Inventory
- Student Strategy Checklist-KIDTIPS
- Strategies Used By Adults With Learning Disabilities
- Success Attributes and LD-Dr. Raskind
- S.M.A.R.T.E.R. Strategies for Success Mnemonic
- S.M.A.R.T.E.R. Strategy Slide Show
- Teaching Students Strategies-Slide Show
- Learning Styles Assessment and Learning Strategies